Terms & Conditions
Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions of use.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- show any material from the website in public
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- redistribute material from this website, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation. You may access our RSS feed by following the instruction on our website. By accessing our RSS feed you accept these terms and conditions. Subject to your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and notwithstanding the restrictions set out above, we grant to you a non-exclusive non-transferable non-sub-licensable licence to display our RSS feed in unmodified form on any non-commercial website owned and operated by you. It is a condition of this licence that you include a credit for us and hyperlink to our website on each web page where the RSS feed is published (in such form as we may specify from time to time, or if we do not specify any particular form, in a reasonable form). We may revoke this licence at any time, by giving your written notice of revocation.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent. You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communication. You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion. If we provide you with or you generate a password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that password is kept confidential. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password. You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure. You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access our website. We may disable your account on the website in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions of use, “your content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website, for whatever purpose. You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions. Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Your content (and its publication on our website) must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false
- be obscene or indecent
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation
- be blasphemous
- be in breach of official secrets legislation
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person
- depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner
- be pornographic or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage
- constitute spam
- be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
Your content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet. You must not use our website to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on our website, breach the provisions of these terms and conditions.
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, our website.
If you become aware of any content on the website that breaches these terms and conditions, please notify us immediately by email or using our website contact form.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not recommendations. We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Exclusion of warranties, representations and guarantees
We do not warrant, represent or guarantee: the accuracy of the information published on this website; the completeness of the information published on this website; that the information published on this website is up-to-date; or the information on the website can be applied to achieve any particular result.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and guarantees relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to the preceding paragraph
- govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, or anticipated savings.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss of use or production.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss of management time or office time.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss of business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any acts or omissions of any hosting services provider, payment services provider or other third party services provider.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our LLP's members and employees. Having regard to that interest, you accept that we are a limited liability entity and agree that you will not bring any claim personally against individual members or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions. This will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the LLP itself for the acts and omissions of our members and employees.